Monday, April 4, 2011

Nikon D3100

Saturday, my papa woke up me around 11 am, said we'll go to Hidalgo. I was shock, because it only means one thing. He will finally buy me a cam in replacement of my Olympus cam. It's so confusing on which camera to buy, Nikon or Canon.


Of course, I jump all over the stores to canvass. My papa just sat on a Canon reseller store. Such lazy! First stop is Henry's, they offer the newest offering of Canon which just came out last week, Canon 1100D, 12MP with HD Recording.
If my memory serves me right it's about P 28, 000. But i opted to ask other models, 550D, 500D and 1000D because it's also on the budget. :) Then i got into Watson Photography, they offer Nikon D3100 for about P 27, 500 with 4G SD card. I think that is reasonable. they offer Canon 1100D for 28, 000.




I skipped from store to store, I forgot the names. The only store that offers the cheapest Canon 1100d for 26,000 is on the right side if you came from SM Manila, it has 3 year Canon warranty and 4G SD card. Almost on the end of the street, the stores there offer lomo cameras and 2nd hand Dslr's. I even caught a guy selling his Nikon D5000 for 17, 000! What a steal! I just did not find time to ask the reason for selling.


After almost an hour of deliberating with my thoughts, i decided to go back to Henry's. Men, they were crowded! I can't tell how many, but the store is not that big enough, good thing I'm a little girl that fits everywhere. Haha


Oh at first I want to go back at avenue but then decided to go back! Haha. Finally made up my mind and wanted to get the Nikon D3100. I bought the kit, then decided to get lens soon.
14MP and it has HD recording too. And it took quality photos! It's not like the price-y DSLRs, but it's better for me :) I bought it for P 27, 000 with 8G SD card and a bag! :) The other freebie option was a tripod. But i thought I don't need it for now.


The prices I posted here was  the price last April, 2, 2011. At Henry's they change price whenever the supplier called in. The minute I bought mine, the owner shouted the Nikon D3100 is now up for 27, 500 that quick! Now i'll be posting some of my quirky photos at tumblr! :) Because here in WP, it's a personal blog and I don't want to turn this in some kind of a photodump. So please follow me, click here!


Now, i'm thinking what lenses to buy.


First option is AF-Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D
It is among Nikon's sharpest lenses ever, and it took images with a highly blurred background. Ideal for scenery or full-length portraits. But I don't know the price yet.


2nd option is getting a AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G
Enhanced optical formulas, engineered to produce exceptional sharpness, contrast and color, render outstanding image integrity. I need Madam Auring to choose one! Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for spending time reading my blog, if you have any thoughts I'm just a comment away. :) Leave a link and I will visit you soon! <3