Friday, April 29, 2011

Holy Week

Oh I’m sorry if I will be flogging my blog with things all about Marinduque. It’s my only way of helping the small town’s tourism, and to just share my love over this town!


We're not living on the capital of Marinduque, but we're just right beside it. Gasan is where my grandparent's are living. There are two separate religions in this town, Roman Catholic and Aglipay, I must say they have beautiful churches.

You can also find this old church in Boac with a huge old broken bell. :(
May wanted textmate pa! Tsk!
The holy week also consists of reenactment of god's way to cross, man who looks like god, and the self flogging penitents.
Seriously, I can’t bear to look at this, I just have to have pictures of them.

I had a fun time making kulitan with Morions, at least I've overcome my fears with them. :)
By the way, all my cropped shirts that I wore here are bought from Market, Market!

And let me just remind you that there are no famous restaurant here in Marinduque, all were just fine home-cook Filipino food. A Jollibee on Wheels were here every Holy week! 
My favorite restaurant-to-be is Barbarossa Pub. I love how Italian food met Filipino chef’s! The best! A must try in Marinduque!
We also went to Kabugsakan Falls, after 1 hr rough road drive from Gasan and a 30 minutes walk in the forest would be rewarded by pretty falls! My first time here!
After a long walk, we had an unexpected dip because of how the water is so clear and cold here! That's why I'm wearing a maong shorts here. Hehe
Easter Sunday, Dancing in the sun with the colorful street dancers.
Vest and Tanktop from Topshop, Skirt from Greenhills, Belly from Beer HAHA
We barely can find these beautiful scenes here in the metro. It’s nice thing that we still have some provinces where we can go away from noises of manila.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for spending time reading my blog, if you have any thoughts I'm just a comment away. :) Leave a link and I will visit you soon! <3